Recommended Starting Temperatures for Chilipad Bed Cooling Systems
Everyone has a unique and ideal sleep temperature, which is one of the main reasons people struggle to get deep, rejuvenating sleep consistently. Remember, since everyone is different, it may take 2-3 weeks to find your sweet spot, but here are some suggestions based on the OOLER.
Recommended temps for your first night:
- If you sleep cold, try a temperature between 78-84˚F
- If you are unsure or sleep comfortably, try a temperature between 70-78˚F
- If you know you’re a hot sleeper, try a temperature between 60-70˚F
If you’re too hot or too cold, simply adjust as necessary.
You can also create a custom sleep schedule using the OOLER app. The following has been helpful for many sleepers:
- Identify the current ambient temperature of your bedroom environment.
- Determine if you want to get in a cool bed or a warm bed. Create a schedule that starts 20 minutes before getting into bed that will change the temperature of your bed above or below the current ambient temperature by 3-5˚F (1-3˚C). The temperature change will help signal to your brain that it’s time to fall asleep.
- Four hours before your wake-up time, add a temperature change event that sets the temperature of your pad back to your ambient room temperature.
Finally, use the OOLER Warm Awake feature to gently wake you up.
Once you've found a temperature that you're comfortable with, you can adjust it to your liking. Here are a few tips for finding the right temperature for your Chilipad sleep system:
- Gradually adjust the temperature until you find a setting that is comfortable for you.
- It is normal for your target setpoint temperatures to change as the seasons change.
- For Dock Pro, experiment with different sleep programs to see what works best for you. (if you wake up too cold, adjust the program in the sleepme app like you would a home thermostat schedule.
- Keep in mind that your core body temperature changes throughout the night, so you may need to adjust the temperature accordingly.
- Test it out. With the covers on top of the bed, choose a temperature and lay on the pad for 3 to 5 minutes to feel the sensation these temperatures provide.
With a little trial and error, you'll be able to find the perfect temperature setting for your Chilipad bed cooling system. You'll wake up feeling refreshed and energized, ready to take on the day!